When you downloaded the new ios6 software, you might have noticed that the youtube app that used to come with the ipad disappeared. Poof! Right into thin air.
Mr. Dan has sent us a link to an alternative. It is called Jasmine and will let you watch videos full screen. Here is the description from the itunes page:
Jasmine is a full-featured YouTube client for iOS.
★ Retina iPad ★ iPhone 5 Ready ★
– Smooth and responsive interface
– Night theme & dimming support for browsing in low light
– Full support for managing playlists
– Remembers your position when returning to long videos
– Parental Controls to curate content and restrict video discovery (PRO)
– Browse and discover channels
– Post comments and replies
– Aggressive filtering for comment spam and channel promotions
– Supports AirPlay
– Share videos via Twitter & Facebook
Or, you could do what I did when I realised my youtube app was missing, and, download the youtube app. Here is the description from iTunes:
Watch the world’s videos and keep up with your favorite YouTube channels with the official YouTube app for iOS. Sign in to access your subscriptions, playlists, uploads and more.
✓ Enjoy YouTube’s vast video catalog
✓ Find videos and channels more easily with voice search and query autocomplete
✓ Subscribe to channels and instantly access your subscriptions with the channel guide UI
✓ Read comments, browse related videos, enable subtitles and more – all while watching
✓ Easy video sharing to Google+, E-mail, Facebook and Twitter
I do like Jasmine’s interface better, but I am a sucker for nice, clean white space. It is easy to use.