In my inbox this morning was a query from the history teacher to our intrepid IT committee wondering why, when she uploaded her Google doc to share with her students who were supposed to edit it, were they not able to? Have you had this happen before? I have. I never really looked into it, just assumed that Google doc was a tad xenophobic of other formats. My way around it was to simply copy and past my text into a new google doc.
However. Apparently there was a step I was missing when uploading my file. Thanks you Dan the Man for sending the instructions!
Here is a video on how to upload them:
Here are the written instructions as given by Dan:
Uploading Word Documents to Google Docs
2. In the upper left corner of the window, click Upload
3. Click “Select files to upload
4. Select the Word file(s) you would like to upload to Google Docs
5. Click Open
6. Make sure “Convert documents, presentations, and spreadsheets to the corresponding Google Docs formats” is selected
7. Click Destination Folder to select a destination folder, if desired
8. Click Start Upload