While I was following up on our Staff personal tech goals last week, I realized that I completely forgot to make my own for this last year. Well, I think it might be time to put my money where my mouth is and actually make my own goals for this coming year.
Please take the time during the summer to think about what you would like to accomplish in terms of integrating technology in your classroom next year! They don’t need to be huge goals – in fact the smaller, more specific, the better! Don’t bite off more than you can chew!
So here I go, trying to take my own advice.
- RETHINKING IPADYOUPAD: I am feeling uninspired with this blog. I would like to post more original content, but that takes time. I think next year I will limit my posts to once a week but take the time to explore either an app or a concept in more depth.
- MORE FOLLOW-UP WITH PD: I am great at implementing ideas and strategies but I feel like I stumble with my follow through. I would like to have a simple PD plan that involves individual tech goals and where I will check-in after a certain period to see how it is going. These check-in times will be integrated into our Tech PD curriculum.
- DEVELOP OUR DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP DIALOGUES WITH THE STUDENTS: This year saw some very rich discussion with the students in terms of privacy and cyber-violence, as well as the more basic aspects of mindful use of technology. I want to continue this work, but more importantly the conversation around all the issues society must think about in terms of living much of their life online:
- Privacy (from personal settings to corporate appropriation of one’s data)
- Misogyny online
- Mindful use and ergonomic aspects
- Explore the use of educational game creation to explore these topics
- Social Justice online
These topics will be either integrated into relevant topics already in the curriculum, or be stand alone sessions or be led by guest speakers/facilitators. They should happen at least once a term.
That’s all I can think of right now. I am sure as the summer wears on I will think of more!