I made a video using the Greg Scruton method of Flipping the Classroom. My topic was how to use the Calendar app as an Agenda.
Here were my steps:
- I wrote a script. here it is: SCRIPT- Calendar as agenda. It was too long, as I found out later.
- I found a quiet place where I would not be interrupted (this after a very frustrating day of being interrupted.)
- I used airserver to project my iPad screen on to my laptop. This is not a free thing, but our IT guy can help you out…
- I recorded my screen with Quicktime Player.
- My movie ended up being over 7 minutes long, so I had to edit (no way was I going to make another take!)
- I watched Greg’s video about Mpegstreamclip then downloaded the app. (I had to get Brian to give me permission to download this, but it was well worth it- I simpler way of editing my movie than iMovie, which still kind of scares me…)
- I edited the parts where I tell people the table of contents as well as the end part, which cut my movie down to 5 min 30. Still a bit long for an explainer video, so I definitely have some work to do, but I think it is better than my first attempt!
- I uploaded it to youtube so I could share it with you!
Here is the video – please feel free to use it with your advisory!
Let me know what you think and thanks Greg!